Sporting KC signs Collin
Sporting Kansas City has bolstered its defense with a 25-year-old French standout.
The Major League Soccer Club on Friday announced its signing of Aurelien Collin.
Collin comes to KC after playing for Vitoria Futebol Clube in Liga ZON Sagres, the Portuguese top flight.
"The coaching staff has been following Collin since August of 2010,” Sporting Kansas City Manager Peter Vermes said. “We felt there was a possibility to sign him when the window opened in January. Some things changed with his club so we are very excited to have completed this deal prior to the close of this window.”
Collin is a discovery signing for Sporting Kansas City and will fulfill an international spot on the team’s senior roster. He has trained with the team since March as a guest trialist and Collin will join the roster pending receipt of his International Transfer Certificate.
“We think he will be a solid addition, and his experience in a number of different countries will bring a different dimension to our backline," Vermes said.
More like this story
- Flash flood warning in effect for Leavenworth County, parts of Wyandotte, Johnson counties
- National Weather Services issues more flood watches, warnings for area
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Remember when for March 12, 2015
- Remember When for July 16, 2015