MS Walk team raises more than $4,200
Team Wings for Ronda surpassed its fundraising goal for the Johnson County MS Walk held Saturday in Overland Park, raising more than $4,200 for the Multiple Sclerosis Society.
The team's goal was $3,000, and its current total is $4,260, though fundraising may still continue. More than $1,000 was raised in a garage sale in Basehor earlier this month.
The team had 22 members participate in the walk.
The team also held a raffle, and winners included Dottie Horner of Bonner Springs, Teresa Wilcutt, Tracy Bartels and Teressa McClendon of Tonganoxie and Jody Feuerborn of Shawnee.
The team was created by Basehor resident Mary Lakey in honor of her daughter Ronda McMackin-Sirkovic, who was diagnosed with MS in 1999.
More like this story
- Basehor, Bonner districts agree: Block grant funding unfair
- Wyandotte County's housing growth continues
- Bonner animal group says city's sluggish response was costly
- Second to none: Longtime Bonner police chief announces retirement
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education