Bishop Ward beats BLHS baseball
Thunderstorms threatened to wash out the Basehor-Linwood High School baseball team's game Thursday at Bishop Ward.
Instead, the Cyclones proved to be the most dangerous storm at Ward's baseball field as they routed the Bobcats 18-3 in three innings.
The lopsided loss came just days after BLHS one-hit the Cyclones 2-1.
Ward pounced on Basehor-Linwood from the beginning. The Cyclones plated 14 runs in the bottom of the first inning and then added four more runs in the second inning.
BLHS plated three runs in the top of the third, but they were unable to draw any closer and were run-ruled.
The Bobcats managed just three hits. Jayce Rymer, Tanner Garver and Nathan Quigley all had hits.
BLHS next plays a doubleheader Monday at Blue Valley Southwest.
More like this story
- Redmond, Pierce throw no-hitter, Basehor-Linwood sweeps Ward
- Bishop Ward avenges loss, blows out Basehor-Linwood
- BLHS baseball one-run short again in narrow loss to Bishop Ward
- Bobcat baseball builds on BFMBC performance with four more wins
- Bobcats’ season of progress ends with loss to defending state champions