I-670 reduced to one lane for emergency repairs in eastern WyCo
Lanes have been reduced on an eastern Wyandotte County highway today for emergency bridge repair work, according to the state.
As of 2 p.m. today, eastbound Interstate 670 was reduced to one through lane from the Interstate 70 split to Genessee Avenue in order to complete emergency repair work on the bridge, Kansas Department of Transportation officials announced.
The I-670 bridge already was reduced to two lanes for a bridge repair project. An issue was discovered in on of the open bridge lanes and that lane had to be closed immediately to all traffic so emergency repair work could be completed to correct the issue, state officials said.
Drivers should expect delays and are advised to use alternate routes if possible. The bridge lanes will remain reduced until the emergency repair work is completed; state officials said crews hope to complete the work by late Wednesday, April 27, at the latest.
More like this story
- Shooting at Overland Park duplex kills woman, wounds girl
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Topeka Zoo denies claims that their elephants are lonely
- Billionaire buys Woodlands racing complex, but future fuzzy
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs city employee Justine Smith