Basehor female wrestlers to play host to yard sale
Three Basehor girls will play host to a yard sale from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 7 at 17725 168th St., Bonner Springs, to raise money to fund their trip to compete at the National Women’s Wrestling Tournament May 13-15 in Kissimmee, Fla.
The girls are 14-year-old Ariana Oliva and 12-year-olds Mariah Oliva and Alexis Parkinson.
In addition to the yard sale, the girls will sell hot dogs, chips, drinks and baked goods, as well as raffle tickets for various gift certificates to local businesses.
The girls also will be at Price Chopper from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, April 30, selling raffle tickets and collecting donations.
More like this story
- Retired teacher humbled, honored to receive Marion Vaughn award
- Breaking the mold: Male teachers at Bonner school serve as role models, break stereotype
- End of an era: BLHS teacher says goodbye after 35 years
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs volunteer Susan Berry
- Wichita teachers challenged to teach refugee children