Purple Ribbon Day set May 1
The American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Kaw Valley in Bonner Springs will play host to Purple Ribbon Day activities from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. May 1 at the Bonner Springs City Library.
Purple Ribbon Day is an opportunity for communities to recognize and honor cancer survivors and their caregivers. It also allows relay organizers to meet with community members to inform them about relay, a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society, and invite cancer survivors and caregivers to the event as special guests.
Organizers of the Kaw Valley Relay For Life hope to have more than 200 survivors at this year’s event, which will be 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. June 10-11 at the Bonner Springs High School track.
Activities May 1 will include an opportunity for survivors to register for relay and will offer a chance for them to mingle with fellow survivors. Refreshments will be served.
To learn more about Purple Ribbon Day activities or Relay For Life, call Linda Long, Kaw Valley Survivor Co-Chair, at (913) 441-1280.
More like this story
- Death penalty in white supremacist case a tricky proposition
- Basehor car enthusiast to participate in 'Art of the Car'
- Man charged in Jewish site killings sought to explain motive
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance