Basehor-Linwood golfers seek consistency
The Basehor-Linwood boys golf team placed 11th at the Osawatomie Invitational on Saturday.
“We had a split day. Some played well and some didn’t play as well as they felt they should have,” coach Bruce Courtney said.
Gabe Vlasic shot an 86 and finished 31st to lead the Bobcats. Caleb Johnson shot a 90, finishing in 40th place, playing one of his better tournaments of the season.
Also for BLHS, Neal Dickinson shot a 98, Brady Blackwood had a 101, Brett Fritz had a 104 and Alec Ottig shot a 107.
The Bobcats competed in a 16-team field and against 88 other golfers. The last golfer to medal in the meet shot an 81.
Basehor-Linwood will be back in action today at Atchison. Courtney said he is hoping the Bobcats will put it all together in one tournament and accumulate a strong team score.
“We are hanging in there,” he said. “We haven’t yet had a day when everyone has had a good day. So far, we will have one or two play well and then one or two not play the way they have or can. So if we can all get on the same page on the same day we could be competitive.”
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Budget, taxes head up crowded agenda for Kansas Legislature