Approved Basehor-Linwood budget raises levy by half mill
The Basehor-Linwood school district's 2011-2012 budget, approved Monday night, will result in a half-mill increase in the mill levy for district residents.
The school board approved the budget, 7-0, Monday after a budget hearing during which no residents spoke.
The budget brings the district's mill levy to 61.512 mills, up from 61.012 mills for 2010-2011.
A mill is $1 in taxes for every $1,000 in assessed property valuation.
For more on Monday's school board meeting, check the online and print editions of the Sentinel on Thursday.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets