Karrick, Isaacs victorious at CMS
Basehor resident Tim Karrick nabbed his second checkered flag of the summer racing season Saturday, July 31, at Central Missouri Speedway.
Karrick, racing in the modified division, advanced to the finals by winning heat two — his fourth heat victory of the season. Later, Karrick took a commanding early lead in the 25-lap feature race, lapping other drivers before holding off Jason Thompson down the stretch.
Also that night, Bonner Springs driver Ethan Isaacs collected his second feature win in the b-modifieds division. Isaacs advanced to the feature final by winning heat three earlier in the evening. His brother, Lucas Isaacs, captured heat one. Lucas Isaacs took an early lead in the feature final, but Ethan Isaacs soon surged into the lead.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Basehor craft show leader Pam Maughmer
- Bonner boutique combines shopping with day at the salon
- Leader of Bonner Community Thanksgiving Dinner ready to hand over reigns
- Kansas University student dies from bacterial meningitis
- Thrills and chills: Organizers expecting bigger, busier Tiblow Days