St. John Hospital, AARP team up for driving school
St. John Hospital and AARP are joining forces next month to offer an eight-hour driver-safety program.
The course will be from 8 a.m. to noon on consecutive Saturdays, Sept. 10 and Sept. 17, in the Education Center at St. John Medical Plaza, 3550 S. Fourth St., Leavenworth.
The AARP Driver Safety Program is designed to meet the specific needs of older drivers. Through discussion, audiovisuals and written material, the course covers age‑related physical changes, declining perceptual skills, rules of the road, local driving problems and license renewal requirements. The course teaches preventive measures to use when driving that can save lives.
Participants who attend and participate in both sessions will receive certification and will also be eligible for a discount on their auto insurance mandated by the state of Kansas.
Cost is $12 for AARP members/spouses and $14 for nonmembers. Preregistration is required. All checks should be made payable to AARP and brought to the first class.
For registration information for the AARP Driver Safety Program, please call 913-281-7777 or 1-800-281-7777.
More like this story
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers