Basehor Boy Scouts help out in Joplin
A group of Boy Scouts from Basehor Troop 169 traveled to Joplin, Mo., earlier this month to clear tornado debris at school buildings and help prepare temporary classrooms for the school year.
More than 1,000 Boy Scouts and leaders from seven states traveled to Joplin for a service day on Saturday, Aug. 6.
From the Basehor troop, 13 Scouts and six leaders made the trip. Scouts who participated were Chris Bergeron, Spencer Brown, Nathan Byrd, Nick Chizmar, Alexander Coleman, Jake Hall, Wyatt Loughry, Gunnar Marney, Charles Moore, Sean Moore, Juan Picazo, Aden Shorney and Andrez Ubenhower.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs librarian Jane Rink
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Parent thanks USD 204 staff for education of her special-needs son
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program