Job fair slated for Sept. 8
The Opportunities 2011 Job Fair is slated for Sept. 8 at the Jack Reardon Convention Center in Kansas City, Kan.
Military veterans will have the first hour of the event, 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., exclusively to themselves. The job fair will be open to the public from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
More than 70 employers are expected. Job-seekers attending are encouraged to bring resumes and dress professionally. There is no fee to attend.
The Unified Government, GFI Digital Inc., Hilton Garden Inn, Employer Support for National Guard and Reservists, YWCO of Kansas, Kansas City, Kan., Public Schools, Kansas City Kansas Community College and the Builders Association are sponsoring the event.
More like this story
- Ray Cox remembered as truly dedicated to his community
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Second to none: Longtime Bonner police chief announces retirement
- Royals legend helps Gold Glove Week thrive
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat