Union Station family event, rally to feature choppers
The Station Rally, a family event that will include music by area bands, food and beverages and the opportunity to experience Art of the Chopper, will be from noon to 10 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 27, at Union Station.
Free parking for thousands of motorcycles will be provided.
The Art of the Chopper exhibition arrived June 24 and will continue through Sept. 25.
“This is something new for us,” said George Guastello, president and CEO of Union Station. “It’s an exciting opportunity to broaden our appeal and bring new people to a landmark destination that is already growing rapidly in popularity. There is nothing else like Art of the Chopper anywhere in the country right now, and The Station Rally is a perfect way to celebrate that fact.”
There is no charge for the rally. Food and beverages will be available for purchase. Tickets for Art of the Chopper range from $7 for Union Station members to $12.50 for adults under age 60. They may be purchased online at www.unionstation.org or at the Union Station ticket office.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Music, Shakespeare, festivals and food
- Kansas City Connection: In the mood to celebrate New Year's
- Kansas City Connection: How to spend the holidays in KC
- Kansas City Connection: All aboard for holiday activities
- Jayhawk fans to gather at Bonner Price Chopper for pep rally, Harvesters