PHOTOS: On first day, BLHS freshmen make ‘Commitment to Graduate’ with handprints
BLHS class of 2015's 'Commitment to Graduate'
On Aug. 19, their first day as freshmen, Basehor-Linwood High School students placed handprints and signatures on a banner marking their commitment to graduate in 2015.
On its first day at Basehor-Linwood High School, the class of 2015 turned an eye toward its last day.
Freshmen had the BLHS building to themselves today as they began their four years as Bobcats, and they marked the beginning of that journey by placing green, yellow and gold handprints on a "Commitment to Graduate" banner.
The activity recording students' intent to finish what they started began last school year, with the class of 2014.
See the photo gallery at left for more on this new BLHS tradition, and see next week's online and print editions of the Sentinel for more on the beginning of the school year.
More like this story
- Basehor to make push for EMS service improvements
- Basehor ‘gaining traction’ in push for EMS expansion
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor