K-5 again reopens after flooding
Kansas Highway 5 in Leavenworth County is now reopened from Eisenhower Road to Mary Street.
The road in the dity of Lansing had been closed due to high waters from the Missouri River on both lanes of the roadway as of 4:45 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 20, the Kansas Department of Transportation reported but was later reopened.
The roadway also had been closed earlier in the summer as floodwaters threatened.
More like this story
- Kansas state workers could be furloughed if budget delayed
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Lawmakers advance abortion, election law tweaks on 100th day
- Kansas lawmakers work with reduced staff for rest of session