Basehor Casey’s store raises money for boy with MD to attend camp
Casey's General Store in Basehor, through donations from customers and staff members, has collected enough money to send an area boy who has muscular dystrophy to a summer camp.
Donna Dornbrack, a manager at the store, said the store was able to raise the required $800 in less than two weeks. She said Casey's stores throughout the Kansas City area, through a Muscular Dystrophy Association program, had each been assigned an area child to send to camp.
The Basehor store displayed a photo of the boy, whom they knew only as “Quinton,” at the cashier's counter, she said.
“We really promoted it big-time,” Dornbrack said.
More like this story
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Rotary Club
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons