Former Bonner police chief dies in Las Vegas
Gary K. Tyler Sr., who led the Bonner Springs Police Department as chief from 1979 to 1982, died Aug. 9 in Las Vegas after a battle with cancer.
His career in law enforcement spanned more than four decades in California, Kansas, Oregon and South Windsor, Conn., where he served from 1987 to 2010.
Tyler, 70, and his wife, Virginia, were longtime residents of South Windsor but had moved to Las Vegas shortly after retiring.
They have two children and four grandchildren.
A memorial service is scheduled for Friday, Aug. 26, in South Windsor.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Royals legend helps Gold Glove Week thrive
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9