10 Years Ago — Dec. 6, 2001
A groundbreaking ceremony was conducted for the new Nebraska Furniture Mart Store in the Village West area of Kansas City, Kan. Gov. Bill Graves was one of the speakers at the event.
Jessica Rogoza was shown in a photograph visiting with Santa Claus at the Edwardsville Fire Station.
25 Years Ago — Dec. 11, 1986
Don Wheeler was the new president of the Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Chamber of Commerce. Other officers were Ken May, first vice president; Rolla Lee, second vice president; Carol Courtney, third vice president; Dave Pierce, treasurer; and Charlene Biles, executive secretary.
50 Years Ago — Dec. 8, 1961
Wayne Hestand was appointed manager of the Safeway Cereal Plant. He was replacing R. L. Frye, who was retiring.
The Bonner Springs HDU met at the home of Mrs. Alva Kerby.
100 Years Ago — Dec. 7, 1911
After losing an election to lease the electric plant to the city, the Barnes Company offered to buy the plant.
The Chieftain was seeking a correspondent for the Basehor area.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map