Photos: Basehor faces at weekend holiday events
Christmas Open House at Basehor Historical Museum
During the Basehor Historical Museum's Christmas Open House on Saturday, visitors had a chance to see the museum's "Wizard of Oz"-themed end-of-year exhibit, listen to live holiday music and visit Santa Claus.
Wreaths Across America at Leavenworth National Cemetery
Basehor-area students, school staff, Cub Scouts and VFW Post members participated Saturday in the annual Wreaths Across America ceremony at Leavenworth National Cemetery, during which more than 800 memorial holiday wreaths were placed on veterans' headstones to honor their sacrifices. The ceremony takes place simultaneously with others across the country, including one at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia.
Basehor-area residents marked the holiday season this past Saturday at the Wreaths Across America ceremony at Leavenworth National Cemetery, as well as the Christmas Open House at the Basehor Historical Museum, which featured a visit from Santa Claus.
The Sentinel was at both events to take photos, which are available in the galleries at left.
More like this story
- Birthday brings awareness of technological, societal progress
- Bonner-based interior designer loves to reshape spaces
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council