Basehor Chamber’s annual meeting auction nets almost $1,200 for BLAS
Attendees at the Basehor Chamber of Commerce annual meeting last week raised nearly $1,200 to benefit Basehor-Linwood Assistance Services during a silent auction fundraiser.
Chamber president Aladdin Ashkar said items up for auction included tickets to a Sporting Kansas City soccer game, gift baskets donated by local businesses and restaurant gift cards.
Also during the meeting, Chamber members re-elected Mary Fallesen of Kansas Secured Title as a member of the chamber's board and elected as new members Heather Frank, a realtor for Reece & Nichols Premier Realty in Basehor; Ashley Razak, communications coordinator for the Basehor-Linwood school district; and Corey Swisher, Basehor city clerk and finance director.
Outgoing board members are Ashkar, a vice president at Community National Bank in Basehor; Sean Fender with Farm Bureau Financial Services; and Deb Taylor, a public accountant.
Members will elect a president and vice president at the chamber's January 2012 board meeting.
“I'm thrilled with the addition of the newest chamber board members and strongly believe that the future of the Basehor Chamber is bright,” Ashkar said.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map