Letter: Commission taking action
To the editor:
Kudos to the Board of County Commissioners for again discussing formation of a “blue ribbon” committee. Hopefully, this committee will not only be able to suggest solutions, but will be able to inspire action. It is time to stop “kicking the can down the road.” It is time to address the voids in public health and safety services and the diminished quality of life that result from the lack of animal control services to many county residents. Leavenworth County Humane Society Inc. and I are happy to participate with government, community, veterinary, public health, and animal welfare representatives to get past talk to action.
Crystal Swann Blackdeer
Leavenworth County Humane Society Inc.
More like this story
- Basehor VFW plans show of patriotism Friday for Loyalty Day
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher
- Rural Kansas road to become Home on the Range Highway
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event