Letter: Commission taking action
To the editor:
Kudos to the Board of County Commissioners for again discussing formation of a “blue ribbon” committee. Hopefully, this committee will not only be able to suggest solutions, but will be able to inspire action. It is time to stop “kicking the can down the road.” It is time to address the voids in public health and safety services and the diminished quality of life that result from the lack of animal control services to many county residents. Leavenworth County Humane Society Inc. and I are happy to participate with government, community, veterinary, public health, and animal welfare representatives to get past talk to action.
Crystal Swann Blackdeer
Leavenworth County Humane Society Inc.
More like this story
- Letter: Domestic violence's harm
- Letters to the editor: Let citizens vote on judges; Animal ordinance makes sense
- Humane society hoping to build animal shelter to serve Leavenworth County
- Rural Leavenworth County animal-control force unlikely for near future
- Humane Society discusses reporting animal abuse