Shawnee police interrupt twins’ apparent birthday suicide attempt
A Shawnee police officer randomly patrolling in an area of new-home construction saved the lives of twin brothers who apparently were attempting suicide on their birthday.
Shawnee Police spokesman Capt. Dan Tennis said the officer was making rounds about 9:15 p.m. Tuesday in the area around 6100 Clear Creek Parkway when he came across an occupied car in a driveway of one of the homes under construction. Upon further investigation, he found a hose running from the car’s exhaust pipe to the inside of the car.
The officer, Tennis said, rescued the two 31-year-old men. Police later discovered it was the twin brothers’ birthday.
More like this story
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- Bonner animal group says city's sluggish response was costly
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament