KCKCC yoga classes collect funds, food for needy
More than 60 pounds of food items for Harvesters, a Kansas City-based food bank, were collected during the second annual “Roasting Chestnuts” community give-back party.
The party, which took place Dec. 9, was organized by the Kansas City Kansas Community College Wellness and Fitness Center’s yoga classes.
In addition to the food that was collected, $130 was also collected for Heifer International. The money will go to purchase a whole pig and a share of seedlings for international hungry families.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Face to Face: Moon Marble's Ben Breslow
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Business and Professional Women