Letters: Kasselman memories
To the editor:
I want to thank Coach Lew Kasselman for his 15 years of dedicated service as the Bonner Springs High School varsity head football coach.
I have good memories for some of the years I worked as a sports reporter in this area and covered the Braves under Lew’s direction.
My best memory is from the 2007 football season, when Lew led the Braves to their best overall record in history of the school at 8-2. I worked for The Chieftain that year and was honored to be a part of Braves history.
Another wonderful memory that had high emotional value for many Braves fans was during Lew’s first year as the head coach in 1996, when his team broke a 21-game losing streak for Bonner Springs football. Lew helped turn the program back into a state-qualifying unit while I covered his team for several years for another local newspaper in the 1990s.
Thanks for some good memories of several outstanding football teams during your time at the helm. It was an honor to cover the Braves during your tenure as head coach.
More like this story
- Art festival, patriotic celebration to take over Downtown Bonner June 27
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Wyandotte County Fair schedule of events
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- Summer may be half over, but there are still events to be enjoyed