BLMS 8th-grade boys face tough competition
The Basehor-Linwood Middle School eighth-grade boys basketball teams had a rough week with games against Piper and Monticello Trails.
First, they split the series Monday with Piper, and then they were swept Tuesday by Monticello Trails.
The BLMS junior varsity squad collected the lone victory as it beat Piper, 29-22. Zach Ferguson powered the offense with 12 points, and Matt Knight and Jesse Smallwood scored 4 apiece. Meanwhile, the varsity squad was blown out, 55-19. Carson Fliger and Tyler Kendrick led the way with 6 points apiece, Cody Waterman had 4 and Joe Gorman added 3.
The junior varsity suffered a narrow 22-18 loss to Monticello Trails despite an 8-point performance from Ryder Reed. Dominic Foster added 4 points, and Kaleb Weinkauf, Matt Knight and Austin Dean each added 2.
The varsity fell to MTMS, 42-24. Gorman led the way with 7 points, Landon Fliger scored 5 and Kendrick added 4 in the loss.
More like this story
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Kansas spent nearly $7,800 to rid state building of pests
- Kansas school funding dispute heading back to high court
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas court considers handling of school funding lawsuit