KCKCC to offer belly dance
Belly dance technique and belly dance aerobics classes will be offered at Kansas City Kansas Community College, beginning Feb. 28 and running through April 4.
Belly dance technique is an open-level dance technique class covering the fundamentals of belly dance, including hip, rib cage and arm isolations.
Belly dance aerobics is a total body workout that will raise the heart rate, burn fat and tone muscles.
Both classes are for all experience levels, from beginning students to advanced belly dancers. Participants should wear comfortable clothing that allows for ease of movement, and bring water and an exercise mat.
Both classes are five weeks in length, and will take place in Room 2906 of the Allied Health Building on the east side of the KCKCC campus, 7250 State Ave. Belly dance technique will be from 6 to 7 p.m. Monday nights and belly dance aerobics will be from 7:05 to 8:05 p.m. Monday nights.
The cost of each class is $50 or $90 for both classes. Payments can be made by phone, in person or via e-mail. For more information, call (913) 334-1100.
More like this story
- Kansas farm experts plan webinar on crop insurance
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Insurance Department studying continuing education programs
- Kansas City Connection: Charisse retains old charm as Power & Light alternative
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens