Sammy Seaton is KVL champion
Kansas City, Kan. Sammy Seaton's return to wrestling keeps getting better.
After taking his freshman year off, he returned to the sport this winter. He has had a strong year so far, and it got even better Saturday at the Kaw Valley League Championships at Turner High School when Seaton won the 103-pound championship.
Seaton pinned Turner's Tony Arzola late in the second period to claim the title.
Seaton now is 17-6 this season.
Seaton's older brother, senior Symon Seaton, placed second at 135 pounds after losing to Bonner Springs sophomore Jonathan Blackwell in the finals, 7-2. It was Seaton's first match in more than six weeks after suffering a hand injury.
For more on the tournament, pick up this week's edition of The Sentinel.
More like this story
- Basehor VFW blood drive seeks 35 donors
- Basehor-Linwood High students organize blood drive
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- Basehor VFW organizes blood drive Wednesday