Basehor-Linwood graduate completes basic training
Army Pfc. Ian McLain has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, S.C.
During his nine weeks of training, McLain studied the Army’s mission, history, tradition and core values. He also received training in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, the military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches and field training exercises.
McLain is the son of Karen Wilson, Bonner Springs, and Daryl McLain, Kansas City, Kan.
He graduated in 2004 from Basehor-Linwood High School and received an associate degree in 2007 from Kansas City Kansas Community College.
More like this story
- WireCo to move headquarters across border to Kansas
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Westar Energy will return $38 million to customers
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas House panel to vote on freezing green energy mandate