Bridge repairs close 142nd Street until fall
A bridge replacement project over Interstate 70 at the Wyandotte/Leavenworth county lines began this week, leaving one area road closed for several months.
Work began Wednesday on the 142nd Street bridge spanning I-70/Kansas Turnpike.
Northbound and southbound 142nd Street will be closed between Kansas Avenue and Riverview Avenue and will remain closed throughout the duration of the project, expected to end late fall 2011.
Traffic impacts on this project will include possible daily lane closures (between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.) on eastbound and westbound I-70/Kansas Turnpike and the closure of the right shoulder in both directions of I-70/Kansas Turnpike at 142nd Street.
No marked detours will be provided. Drivers should expect delays and allow extra time for their daily commutes.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs chiropractor Martha Aitkens
- The Business of Growing: Basehor farm's herb production continues to expand
- End of an era: BLHS teacher says goodbye after 35 years
- Retired teacher humbled, honored to receive Marion Vaughn award
- Face to Face: Basehor council member Rae Anderson Nicholson