More Basehor-Linwood spelling success at Kaw Valley League bee
Just a few days after Basehor-Linwood Middle School students took three of the top five spots at the Leavenworth County Spelling Bee, several BLMS students also finished near the top of the Kaw Valley League Spelling Bee last week.
In the seventh-grade competition, Lauren Smith of BLMS took second place, Lauren Cline finished fourth and Lauren Lawson placed sixth.
In the eighth-grade contest, Aly Levinson finished first after correctly spelling “harangue.” Sarah Ryburn took second, and Cody VanGosen was sixth.
The contests began with a written portion, after which the top six finishers in each grade advanced to an oral competition. Of the eight competitors from BLMS, six advanced to the oral rounds.
More like this story
- Wine and shine: Leadership class celebrating 25 years tonight at Holy-Field
- Midwest economy: state of Kansas report for March
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Business and Professional Women