Braves, Bobcats in the rankings entering regionals
The Bonner Springs and Basehor-Linwood High School wrestling teams will compete today and Saturday at the Class 4A regional tournament at Holton High School.
State tournament berths will be determined on the mat, but the state rankings give an indication of some of the local favorites to qualify with top-four finishes.
Bonner Springs enters as the ninth-ranked overall team in Class 4A. Third-ranked St. James Academy will be in the regionals, as will sixth-ranked Holton.
Basehor-Linwood senior Symon Seaton is the lone state-ranked Bobcat entering regionals. The defending state champion is ranked second at 135 pounds. The only wrestler ranked ahead of him is top-ranked Jonathan Blackwell of Bonner Springs.
Seaton beat Blackwell early in the season, and Blackwell beat Seaton last week for the Kaw Valley League championship.
Other BSHS ranked wrestlers are 125-pounder Caleb Seaton (fourth) and 140-pounder Aaron Puckett (third).
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball