Relay for Life to take place at Warren MS
Leavenworth County American Cancer Society Relay For Life will be June 3 and 4, at Leavenworth’s Warren Middle School, 3501 New Lawrence Rd.
Committee co-chair Jennifer Gum said several alternative sites were considered. Since the first Relay in 1993, the Relay has taken place at Abeles Field. However, the change in ownership and loss of already limited parking prompted the committee to pursue other sites. According to Gum, the new Leavenworth High School football complex and the Warren Middle School football stadium were the two finalists. However, the Warren site offered more flexibility for team tents and decorations, as well as refreshments that could be consumed on-site.
More like this story
- Kansas regulators to decide on rate hike for KCP&L customers
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Closure of Kansas hospital highlights rural care challenges
- Dairy Days announces parking changes due to rain
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens