Tonganoxie man faces 8 charges of sexual abuse
Leavenworth County prosecutors have filed eight charges against a 64-year-old Tonganoxie man who is accused of sexually abusing a 12-year-old girl during a two-year period ending earlier in February.
Leavenworth County Attorney Todd Thompson said the defendant appeared in court Friday.
Prosecutors have filed two counts of child rape, one from February of this year and another from February of 2009. The man also faces two counts of aggravated indecent liberties with a child and four counts of aggravated criminal sodomy with a child younger than 14.
The Mirror generally does not identify sex crime suspects unless they are convicted. Thompson said the defendant is next due in Leavenworth County District Court on March 18.
More like this story
- Basehor resident accused of soliciting sex acts deemed competent for trial
- Defendant in sex case competent to stand trial
- 66-year-old Basehor resident arrested for soliciting children for sex
- Rural Tonganoxie man enters no-contest plea to five counts of indecent liberties with a child
- Linwood man sentenced to life in prison for molesting child