Bonner Girl Scouts to lead World Thinking Day
The Bonner Springs Girl Scout Troop 1134 will lead a World Thinking Day event from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Lake of the Forest Clubhouse in Bonner Springs.
During the event where members will earn their Silver Award, there will be a lighting ceremony to honor Scouts around the world and booths set up representing a different country. Scouts will “travel around the world” as they visit each booth and have their “passport” stamped.
Participating troops will include those from Edwardsville, Piper, Tonganoxie and Basehor.
The Silver Award is the highest award a Girl Scout can earn at the Cadet age level — seventh and eighth grade.
More like this story
- Edwardsville police recover missing Airstream
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Basehor, Bonner locations available for prescription safe disposal
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning