Winds of Freedom band to make return later this month to Tonganoxie venue
The United States Air Force Heartland of America Band’s Winds of Freedom is making a return to Tonganoxie.
Winds of Freedom, which is a woodwind ensemble composed of members the band’s larger performing ensembles, will perform at 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 27 at the Tonganoxie Performing Arts Center on the Tonganoxie High School campus.
The band also performed in 2008 at the center.
The group's repertoire consists of classical, jazz and standard woodwind quintet music showcasing its musical diversity.
In addition to its performance in Tonganoxie, the band will perform
• 7:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 21 on the Kansas University campus.
• 7 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 22 at Olathe North High School in Olathe.
• 7 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 23 at the Paola Community Center in Paola.
• 7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 24 at Yardley Hall on the Johnson County Community College campus in Overland Park.
• 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 25 at Ottawa University in Ottawa.
• 7 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 26 at Benedictine College in Atchison.
More like this story
- Retirement celebration set for USD 458 bus coordinator
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament