Eight USM student-athletes receive NAIA scholar honors
Eight University of St. Mary students have been named as 2010-2011 Scholar-Athletes by the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics for their efforts in the classroom and on the playing field.
In order to receive the honor, students must be nominated by their head coach, have achieved a junior standing academically, and must maintain at least a 3.5 grade-point average on a 4.0 scale.
The student-athletes honored were soccer players Jessalyn Sadler of Bondurant, Iowa, Kathleen Hermesch of Lawrence and Michelle Lighton of Arlington, Texas; volleyball player Brittney Atchison of Lansing; and men’s soccer players Alex Waite of Blue Springs, Mo., Preston Becker of Hays, Nick Stevenson of Lansing and Michael Bille of Bonner Springs.
More like this story
- Legal fight focuses on western Kansas millionaire's estate
- Kansas is 5th state where lottery prizes may have been fixed
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- College course on voter registration proposed in Kansas
- Long VA waits less of a problem in Kansas than elsewhere