Lansing declares snow emergency
A traffic emergency (snow emergency) has been declared for the city of Lansing.
During a snow emergency, no vehicles may be parked on posted emergency snow routes. Vehicles parked or stalled because they lack chains or appropriate traction tires may be towed from emergency snow routes at the owner's expense.
Officials ask drivers to please limit driving to essential trips and use caution. Non-emergency routes may also be cleared more quickly and efficiently if residents park off street voluntarily.
For more information, contact the Lansing Department of Public Works at 913-727-2400.
More like this story
- Perky's Cafe joins downtown Bonner eateries
- Great Midwest Balloon Fest looks for great weather this weekend
- Kansas ranks low in providing summer meals to children
- USD 458 board reviews culinary program, other high school developments
- Basehor-based Rodeo Mexican Restaurant focuses on service, fresh food