Basehor-Linwood schools closed a third day
With more than a half a foot of snow on the ground and bitterly cold temperatures forecast, Basehor-Linwood schools have canceled classes Wednesday.
The cancellation marks the third consecutive day schools have been closed in the district and comes on the heels of the first major snowstorm of the winter. The area received between 5 and 8 inches of snow Sunday and Monday. Temperatures overnight were forecast to plunge below zero with subzero wind chill factors predicted throughout Wednesday.
Other districts canceling classes include Tonganoxie and McLouth.
More like this story
- Confusion remains years after creation of 'Unified Government'
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good