Lansing schools closed a third consecutive day
With more than a half a foot of snow on the ground and bitterly cold temperatures forecast, Lansing schools have canceled classes Wednesday.
The cancellation marks the third consecutive day schools have been closed in the district and comes on the heels of the first major snowstorm of the winter. The area received between 5 and 8 inches of snow Sunday and Monday. Temperatures overnight were forecast to plunge below zero with subzero wind chill factors predicted throughout Wednesday.
Other districts canceling classes Wednesday include Leavenworth, Tonganoxie and McLouth.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers considering proposals on public employees
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups