It’s back to school for Basehor-Linwood students
A three-day, weather-related break from classes is over for students and teachers in Basehor-Linwood public schools.
Barring a last-minute change of heart from district officials, classes in the schools will go forward as normal Thursday. School had been canceled Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday after the winter's first major snowstorm dumped more than a half a foot of snow on the area and temperatures plummeted well below freezing.
Schools also were reopening today for the first time this week in Tonganoxie, Lansing and Leavenworth.
The forecast for Thursday calls for a high in the low 20s. No precipitation is in the forecast.
More like this story
- Kansas ranks low in providing summer meals to children
- Thanksgiving holiday's history varied, but meaning holds true
- Leader of Bonner Community Thanksgiving Dinner ready to hand over reigns
- BLAS continues to add families to Christmas 'Adopt-A-Family' program
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens