Letter: Snow removal services lacking
To the editor:
After the first snow hit our streets almost 40 hours ago, we finally saw some snow removal in our neighborhood. If we were still being served by Leavenworth County, that would have happened fairly soon after the first snowfall — not after the second one 24 hours later.
We were promised to maintain if not improve services in our area when we were annexed. To no one’s surprise, things have gotten worse as we pay more for Basehor’s folly of annexing as much of Leavenworth County as possible and then wasting the extra tax dollars and worsening the services provided.
Wow. We can’t wait for foreign-owned Deffenbaugh to be our trash service; maybe they will pick up Basehor’s City Council.
More like this story
- Free teen driving program offered this weekend at Bonner Springs amphiteater
- Basehor-Linwood strength and conditioning program continues to thrive under Schwisow
- Basehor to make push for EMS service improvements
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Ag Hall's Tractor Daze to include hall of fame inductions