BLHS girls hold off Fort Scott for 7th
Basehor-Linwood guard Macyn Sanders hit a jump shot with two minutes left in the game on Saturday, extending the Bobcats’ lead to five points against Fort Scott.
The basket settled Basehor-Linwood down after Fort Scott had rallied back from a 17-point deficit in the second half. The Bobcats made foul shots late in the game and held on for a 50-43 victory.
Sanders led the team with 16 points. She did a nice job of attacking the basket for the Bobcats.
Megan Bergstrom joined her in double figures with 15 points.
With the win, Basehor-Linwood finished seventh in the Basehor-Linwood Girls Basketball Invitational and snapped a two-game losing streak.
Basehor-Linwood plays at Lansing on Friday.
Check back for further updates on this game.
More like this story
- Kansas: Plan to divert Missouri River water not feasible
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Bonner animal group says city's sluggish response was costly
- Edwardsville councilman accused of making racist statements
- Ex-lawmaker faces sentencing for fraud to finance campaign