Two school board races contested
Two Basehor-Linwood school board seats will be contested in the April 5 election, including a three-way race for the at-large position.
According to the Leavenworth County Clerk's office, Larry Harms will challenge incumbent Jeane' Redmond in the race for Position 1 on the board, and newcomers Jeff Tindell, Lori Van Fleet and Jim Peters will vie for Position 7, the at-large seat.
Incumbents Dayna Miller and Eric Dove will run unopposed for Positions 2 and 3, respectively.
Board member Doug Bittel, who currently holds Position 7, did not file for re-election.
The deadline to file for the election was noon today.
For more on election filings, check the Thursday print edition of the Sentinel.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Hospitals push for Medicaid expansion in Kansas
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas lawmakers considering proposals on public employees
- Kansas Attorney General criticizes federal home health laws