City, Red Cross to cosponsor blood drive
The American Red Cross and the city of Lansing will work together to increase the local blood supply by cosponsoring a winter blood donation event.
Locally, residents can give blood from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, Feb. 25, at the Lansing Community Center, located on the lower level of 800 First Terrace. Participants can make an appointment for this blood drive by calling 913-727-3036. T-shirts are available and there will be a prize drawing.
All blood types are needed to ensure the Red Cross maintains an adequate blood supply. A blood donor card or driver’s license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in. Donors must be in general good health, weigh at least 110 pounds and be at least 17 years old (16 in Kansas with completed Parental Consent Form). New height and weight restrictions apply to donors younger than 19.
Visit redcrossblood.org to learn more, or call the Lansing Administration Department at 913-727-3036 for details about the Lansing event.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Health officials confirm tuberculosis case in Olathe
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students