BLMS 7th-grade boys hoops off to strong start
The Basehor-Linwood Middle School seventh-grade boys basketball teams are off to a good start to the 2011 season.
BLMS swept Lexington Trails on Thursday, Jan. 13. The varsity squad rolled to a 39-17 victory behind a game-high 12 points from Keegan Gore, 9 points from Bailey Davis and 8 points from Ben Hazel. The junior varsity squad also won handily, 37-17. Caleb Metsker led the JV with 13 points and Mitchell Mikinski added 10.
Basehor-Linwood returned to the court Tuesday, Jan. 18, and picked up more victories against Pioneer Ridge. The varsity squad cruised to a 52-27 rout. Nick Fisher led BLMS with 20 points and Gore scored 15 to lead the way. Meanwhile, the JV battled to a 37-29 victory. Metsker scored a team-high 16 points for BLMS and Chris Nichols added 6.
More like this story
- USD 458 Education Foundation begins 'Major Saver' fundraiser
- Smart phone purchase leaves operator feeling dumb
- Large, $4.7M bulk solids research plant opens in Salina
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties