Letters: Unhappy wiith ordinance
To the editor:
Regarding the letter that was sent out last week by the city of Basehor: Too bad we didn’t get this letter before the Basehor City Council voted on the sewer hike and the trash hike. I’m sure lots of people would have noticed about their concerns.
Let’s start at the recycling in the letter that came from the city administrator, Mark Loughry. Do you think we are going to pull that container out to the curb for one or two things in it a week (I’m not)? We should have had a choice if we wanted recycling. Council members David Breuer, Dennis Mertz, Bill Moyer and James Washington voted for recycling. We could have saved $2 a month, plus the space in our garage.
Let’s talk about Ordinance No. 580, which is the sewer hike ordinance. Some words were left out of the ordinance. I would say that if they had to rewrite the ordinance, you would have to start over or vote on it again, but they are going to make us pay for it in our February bill, but it doesn’t get complete until the Feb. 28 meeting. I hope when you get your February bill you call the city administrator, Mark Loughry, at 724-1370 and give him a piece of your mind.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Taking a tour up North
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: A tour of West 39th Street
- Kansas City Connection: Pick up a unique gift at an upcoming arts and crafts fair