10 Years Ago (Jan. 18, 2001)
The Rev. Jim Goins and Judy Pickell resigned from the Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Board of Education.
Mike Horn and Kelly Laffere were crowned king and queen of the Basehor-Linwood High School Courtwarming.
The Basehor Chamber of Commerce presented its annual spirit award to Danny and Debbie Dearinger.
25 Years Ago (Jan. 16, 1986)
The Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Chamber of Commerce presented its Bonner Springs Community Service Award to Jerry Bredwell. Edwardsville’s award went to Helen Beashore.
Members of the Basehor Historical Association had their monthly meeting at the home of Ruth Hammon. Jim Cook was president of the group.
50 Years Ago (Jan. 19, 1961)
Mrs. Clayton Jennings was the new president of the Altar Society of Sacred Heart Church. Other officers were: Mrs. Charlotte McClellan, vice president; Mrs. Clarence Kelly, secretary, and Mrs. William Stephan, treasurer.
Work was expected to be completed on the new Commercial State Bank building by Feb. 1.
Connie March was installed as worthy adviser of the Bonner Springs Rainbow Girls.
100 Years Ago (Jan. 19, 1911)
Wilson High School of Kansas City defeated Bonner Springs 24-8. McKinley led Bonner Springs with three points.
A 9-year-old boy was seriously injured after he fell into a ditch.
More like this story
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas farm experts plan webinar on crop insurance