Arnaud to undergo surgery
Sporting Kansas City captain Davy Arnaud will undergo sports hernia surgery next Wednesday in Los Angeles and is expected to miss up to six weeks while recovering.
"I'm a quick healer and will work hard to get back on the field," Arnaud said. "With the new stadium and our commitment to making the playoffs, I will do whatever it takes to return and contribute on the field."
Arnaud, 31, has appeared in 15 matches in 2011, his 10th MLS season, and is the longest-tenured player on Sporting Kansas City's roster. Arnaud ranks second on Sporting Kansas City's all-time games played chart with 233 regular season appearances.
More like this story
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs librarian Jane Rink