High water closes portion of Kansas Highway 5 in Lansing
Kansas Highway 5 in Leavenworth County is closed from Eisenhower Road to Mary Street in the city of Lansing due to high waters from the Missouri River on the roadway.
The Kansas Department of Transportation said the roadway was expected to be closed for several more days.
Officials closed the street to all through traffic about 5:30 a.m. Saturday, July 2, according to Ken Miller, a spokesman for the city of Lansing.
Barricades are now in place, and motorists are asked to use Kansas Highway 7 and/or local roads to reach their intended destinations.
More like this story
- Remember When for July 16, 2015
- Police officer lauded for how he handled shoplifting case
- Shooting at Overland Park duplex kills woman, wounds girl
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park