Wyandotte County Public Health Department receives grant
The Wyandotte County Public Health Department recently was notified that it is the recipient of a $190,000 grant award from the Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City for a 12-month period that began July 1.
The HCF grant will allow the continued expansion of the Safe Routes to School program through education, a walkability assessment and the completion of a sidewalk and trail master plan.
“Our goal is to identify eight schools that will begin the Safe Routes to School process, which will bring our total to 21,” Joe Conner, director of the Public Health Department, said. “Safe Routes to School is a key component to transforming Kansas City, Kan., and Wyandotte County into an active living community.”
More like this story
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Bonner police seek help locating missing resident
- Police: Man shot out outside Kansas mall knew gunmen
- Kansas man charged with molestation arrested in California
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest